Adebayo Salami , ‘Why I Have and Will Never Feature In English Movies’

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0
Actor, Adebayo Salami, Popularly known as Oga Bello has explained reasons why he will never go for English movies. The veteran entertainer gave reasons he has not been appearing much in English-speaking films, reiterating that what matters to him most is the preservation of Yoruba culture.


He also admitted that he had not been getting many calls for English films even though the Yoruba ones are of more importance to him.

“Well, I cannot speak for those people that did not invite me, they have their personal reasons and I don’t want to go into it so much but I am sure if am invited I can express myself and I can interpret roles in English. I don’t normally participate in English films like Jide Kosoko does but I must confess to you, if you come to me and you want to pay N1 million for a film and I have another script of Yoruba movie that wants to pay me N200,000 I prefer to go for Yoruba film. No harm meant by that, Yoruba is my language,and it is my culture I want to promote the most” He added

Adebayo Salami is one of most valued veteran when it comes to the Yoruba movie industry. Featuring in over 200 movies, Oga Bello, who is also the father of seasoned Actor and movie producer, Femi Adebayo, has been able to earn a place in the hearts of Nigerians.

Think Its Important? Please Share

Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)