Diary Of A Writer: The Pains And Gains Of Being A Woman

Info@urdoorstep
By -
0
Oh please don’t tell me I’m wrong about this. Don’t tell me being a woman only has advantages and no disadvantages. I hope you are not forgetting the fact that I’m also a woman. So I am in a very good position to talk about these issues. First and foremost, I’m going to talk about the disadvantages of being a woman after which I’ll then talk about the wonderful and divine advantages of being a woman. But despite the pains of being a woman, the benefits surpass the pains far better. A woman is a divine creature and who can survive this world without her?

The Pains  
Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes. People don’t want to see women doing things they don’t think women should do. Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.  But luckily for us, this is not difficult.  Men are allowed to have passion and commitment for their work… a woman is allowed that feeling for a man, but not her work.

I remembered when I was growing up and started seeing women older having this monthly blood flow especially the ones attached with excruciating pains, I was scared. Then I was told that every woman must experience this because it only shows that such a woman can have babies. And I thought to myself ‘What the fuck? You mean I’m also going to experience this for long? Seriously, it wasn’t funny when I started seeing mine. Gosh! I hate it then and I was wishing I was a boy. Still don’t really like it now though (Smiles).

Then also comes the issue of saying It’s only a girl that should do all the house chores and cookings. This really gets me pissed off. It’s not as if I’m lazy because I am not, it’s just that I feel like its cheating. How can I do all the house chores and also cook just because I am a woman? Isn’t it annoying to you too? The guys watch T.Vs, go play football and play with their friends, and you should be indoors because you are a woman. Hardly will a girl tell her parents that she is going to visit a friend. The first question that will be thrown at her immediately is ‘are you done with the chores? Gosh! It’s really so unfair if you ask me. But the most annoying part is that these guys will not even show appreciation for your hard work. They wake up in the morning, food is ready. After playing out with their friends, they come back home shouting they are hungry and start asking if the food isn’t yet ready, and when the food gets ready, they sit like chairman and eats comfortably, go to the kitchen and drop the plates. Some will even leave it on the dining. And then because I am a girl, I should clean out the dishes. God help us.

And now that we are growing up into these beautiful angels’ guys will not stop disturbing us. Then we become a targeted victim of rape or being used and dumped. Advances will come from everywhere. Even men old enough to be our father will make advances at us. In schools, lecturers will make advances and if we don’t agree, then we face the issue of failing some courses or facing hard times in school. And finally, when a girl decides to open her heart to a man, she gets her heart played and trampled upon (May God forgive men). 

A woman is very emotional and because of this, she suffers hurts the most. She love the most, care the most, the most committed and what does she get at the end? She get Betrayed. She should be totally submissive and never raised her voice at her man. She is patience and she endures unbearing pain because she wants to keep her relationship. In marriage, woman is the one that has to do a lot of work to keep the marriage. A man can cheat on his woman and be pardoned easily by the society but a woman dare not do that. She will be called all manners of abusive names.

The last but not the least, is the issue of child bearing and nurturing. Look at the stress a woman go through carrying a life in her small stomach for nine months not to talk of the pain and agony she goes through when delivering the baby. Alone, she breast feeds the baby, pour love and care unto it, nurture and cherish the baby with so much tenderness, always the one to attend to the baby even at midnight. Whenever the baby is crying, you will hear the man say ‘go attend to your baby’ and at the end of the day, especially when the child is doing really well you hear the man say ‘how is my child doing’ instead of ‘how is our child doing’. But when the child is not really doing well, all the blame is on the mother. Why must it always be the woman? I can’t stop but wonder!

The Gains
Amidst all the pains of being a woman, I will always be grateful to God for making me a woman. A responsible man will treat a woman with respect and carefulness because women are fragile.
Nature is conceived as female. Think “Mother Nature.”  Even the word nature itself in its original Latin (natura) means birth. Which is to say: to ask the “nature” of something is to ask how it was born, how it relates to the feminine. Literally and metaphorically, women define nature and the world. Man is the one who desires, woman the one who is desired. This is woman’s entire but decisive advantage. Through man’s passions, nature has given man into woman’s hands.

I’d much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they’re the first to be rescued off sinking ships.  God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met. Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece.

As ladies, we get free drinks, free dinners, free movies (you get the point right?) lolz. We can hug our friends without wondering if people think we are gay. We can walk in groupies without any negative thoughts (Male groupies are believed to be stalkers). We can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked. We will never regret piercing our ears. Guys are like dogs. They keep coming back. Ladies are like cats. Yell at a cat one time…they’re gone.

Women really do rule the world. They just haven’t figured it out yet. You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy. In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.  (Women are faithful to their words). Men have grown embarrassingly weak, but only through observation. Their resolve can easily be broken by a woman. Their emotions can be easily manipulated by a woman. Their power can be easily taken by a woman. Their pride can be easily stripped by a woman. Their entire life can easily be ruined by a woman. While physically stronger, their manipulative prowess can be wittingly outclassed by a woman. And while their dreams are stronger, the realities of women are stronger. Whilst men may play the game, women know the score. Men know that women are an over-match for them, and therefore they choose the weakest or most ignorant. If they did not think so, they never could be afraid of women knowing as much as themselves.

Hmmm! I hope I’m not pissing someone out there (Probably a guy). #smiles. You want to prove otherwise?
Share your views. You are a Lady? Tell us your experiences so far as a woman. I’m earnestly waiting for your comments.

Post a Comment

0Comments

We appreciate your Comments. Please Do

Post a Comment (0)